Thursday, April 21, 2011

Sunflower Cake

Hello! Let's bake a cute Easter Cake today!!

I took a little break to spend some much needed family time. Getting back into the routine of things I realized...it is almost Easter!

Let's make a quick and cute Easter cake

I am sure you have seen these cakes all over the Internet. They are too cute! Let's make one. Step one: bake a cake. I baked a chocolate cake using my Wilton 8 inch round cake pan.


I like how it is one solid cake. It makes it so easy to decorate and work with. Okay step two is to ice the cake with chocolate icing. I am loving all the chocolate!!



Next step I am giving out an awesome tip!! I hate how when you break apart peeps they have a little white spot on their sides. Call me a perfectionist. I wanted a way to make them all yellow and look amazing. So I had some yellow spray food coloring. There you go..just a nice spray of the food coloring and they are all yellow peeps!


Now for the fun steps! Perfectly place your peeps along the outer rim of your chocolate cake.


Finally, fill the middle with regular sized chocolate chips to make the "seeds" and you have a cute and fun Easter cake!



Thanks for checking out my cake and Happy Baking

Stacy







Craft Junkie Too Friend






Thirty Hand Made Days
UndertheTableandDreaming

3 comments:

  1. Oh I'm making this for Easter Sunday. Thanks

    ReplyDelete
  2. I didn't even realize those were peeps until I read the directions. LOL! All I saw was a sunflower! I am making this. This is super easy and super cute!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Stacy this is such a cute idea! Thanks so much for linking to the Sunday Showcase - I greatly appreciate it. I have featured this today! Hope you have a fabulous week ~ Stephanie Lynn

    ReplyDelete