Wednesday, March 16, 2011

The Boys Room



If you have been reading my blog you will know that I have two boys. When the youngest turned 5 I decided they needed a new room. They share a room so we (me, really) had to pick a theme that would work for both of them. After much Pottery Barn searching I came up with a room. The Pottery Barn baseball room. So here is the before of their bedroom. I know the pictures are bad but I took these a long time ago.





So this was my inspiration


This picture is from the Pottery Barn Teen catalog. Doesn't this room look like two boys who love and respect each other live there? Well not in my real life. Sigh. Anyway,

and here is my after




So real quickly another before and after:


And now a look around the room








And their favorite thing I made for their room (really my favorite)


I used my Cricut to cut out white vinyl for this black trash can. Ahh..no clothes on the floor.

So does their room look like the PB room? Probably not but I tried :) They like it though. We all like it. The blue wall is called New York State of Mind from Behr paints. I painted all the furniture Burnt Umber. It is so brown that it kind of looks black. That is what I was going for.
Thanks, Stacy

1 comment:

  1. such an awesome room! where did you get the quote re: striking out with the ball and bat? thanks! lisa

    ReplyDelete