Sunday, May 29, 2011

Tuna sub recipe

My boys are on summer vacation!

The best time of the year.


Cookouts, camp fires, late nights, I love it all!

I have been really wanting to make Tuna fish subs like Subway lately.

I have tried many, many recipes to figure out how to get it just like Subway. Well today I think I may have figured it out and I wanted to share.

I had been using sugar in my recipe because I think the Subway tuna fish is a little sweet. Well I happened to have lemon juice on hand so I tried that instead of sugar and I think that is what it is! Here is the recipe I used:

6 cans tuna fish in water, drained
1/2 teaspoon salt
1/2 teaspoon pepper
1/3 cup mayo
2 teaspoons lemon juice


Stir a lot to break up the tuna chunks and use an ice cream scoop to scoop out tuna onto sub bread. I added pickles to my bread and yum! It taste just like Subway!

Perfect summer time lunch or dinner.

Enjoy

Stacy



No comments:

Post a Comment